John M. Del Vecchio has been representing clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office for more than 17 years. During his career he has prepared and prosecuted many patent and trademark applications for his clients. He enjoys working closely with his clients to make certain that all facets of intellectual property protection are considered and protected. He also assists his clients with developing strategies for filing patent and trademark applications both in the United States and internationally. He represents established corporations, newly formed corporations, entrepreneurs, and independent inventors. In addition, he handles trade secret matters and frequently advises his clients on the proper steps that must be taken to protect a trade secret. He also counsels his clients on trademark and copyright matters. A portion of his practice includes drafting and negotiating intellectual property licensing agreements. He also renders opinions directed to invention novelty, trademark availability, and intellectual property infringement.
Mr. Del Vecchio’s experience includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the areas of medical devices, electromagnetic pumps, valves, aircraft construction, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems, capacitors, construction equipment, respirators, plastics, hydraulics, batteries, conveyor belts, veneer slicing machines, lathes, engines, and business methods.
– B.S., cum laude, Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo
– J.D., cum laude, University of Dayton School of Law
– New York State Bar
– United States Patent and Trademark Office
– Bar Association of Erie County
– Niagara Frontier Intellectual Property Law Association (Past President and Past Vice President)
– Western New York Venture Association
– Orchard Park Junior Chamber of Commerce (President)